Where to Start
Articles & Advice
Cheap Study Guides
Exam Prep Software
Windows 2000 MCSE Exam 70-217:
Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure
This certification exam measures your ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot the Windows 2000 Active Directory components, DNS for Active Directory, and Active Directory security solutions. In addition, this test measures the
skills required to manage, monitor, and optimize the desktop environment by using Group Policy.
|Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Active Directory
Install, configure, and troubleshoot the components of Active Directory.
Back up and restore Active Directory.
Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting DNS for Active Directory
- Perform an authoritative restore of Active Directory.
- Recover from a system failure
Install, configure, and troubleshoot DNS for Active Directory
Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot DNS.
- Integrate Active Directory DNS zones with non-Active Directory DNS zones.
- Configure zones for dynamic updates.
Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring, Optimizing, and Troubleshooting Change and Configuration Management
- Manage replication of DNS data.
Implement and troubleshoot Group Policy.
Manage and troubleshoot user environments by using Group Policy.
- Create a Group Policy object (GPO).
- Link an existing GPO.
- Delegate administrative control of Group Policy.
- Modify Group Policy inheritance.
- Filter Group Policy settings by associating security groups to GPOs.
- Modify Group Policy.
Manage and troubleshoot software by using Group Policy.
- Control user environments by using administrative templates.
- Assign script policies to users and computers.
Manage network configuration by using Group Policy.
- Deploy software by using Group Policy.
- Maintain software by using Group Policy.
- Configure deployment options.
- Troubleshoot common problems that occur during software deployment.
Deploy Windows 2000 by using Remote Installation Services (RIS).
Configure RIS security.
- Install an image on a RIS client computer.
- Create a RIS boot disk.
- Configure remote installation options.
- Troubleshoot RIS problems.
- Manage images for performing remote installations.
Managing, Monitoring, and Optimizing the Components of Active Directory
- Authorize a RIS server.
- Grant computer account creation rights.
- Prestage RIS client computers for added security and load balancing.
Manage Active Directory objects.
Manage Active Directory performance.
- Move Active Directory objects.
- Publish resources in Active Directory.
- Locate objects in Active Directory.
- Create and manage accounts manually or by scripting.
- Control access to Active Directory objects.
- Delegate administrative control of objects in Active Directory.
Manage and troubleshoot Active Directory replication.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot domain controller performance.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot Active Directory components.
Configuring, Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Active Directory Security Solutions
- Manage intersite replication.
- Manage intrasite replication.
Configure and troubleshoot security in a directory services infrastructure.
Monitor and analyze security events.
- Apply security policies by using Group Policy.
- Create, analyze, and modify security configurations by using Security Configuration and Analysis and Security Templates.
- Implement an audit policy.
© 1999-2003 LabMice.net and TechTarget
All rights reserved
This site and its contents are Copyright 1999-2003 by LabMice.net. Microsoft, NT, BackOffice, MCSE, and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Corporation in no way endorses or is
affiliated with LabMice.net. The products referenced in this site are provided by parties other than LabMice.net. LabMice.net makes no representations regarding either the products or any information about the products. Any questions, complaints, or claims regarding the products must be
directed to the appropriate manufacturer or vendor.